Novafidelity’s X50D is a versatile music server, CD ripper, music library storage unit (up to 16TB) and network streaming device powered by ARM’s Cortex A9 processor and XMOS 32-bit 500MIPS micro controller. All full-range high resolution audio file formats are supported along with MQA, DSD and DXD.
X50D is compatible with a full suite of major streaming services including TIDAL, Deezer, Napster and Qobuz including Spotify Connect function. This enables access tens of thousands of internet radio plus and online music service content at the touch of a button (a subscription is required for some services).
A perfect match with external DACs
For existing DAC owners, X50D supports up to Native DSD256 via a I²S digital output (RJ45 & HDMI) and also features a dedicated USB Class 2.0 output.
Via the Word Clock Out, X50D sends out the sample rate signal of the file currently playing, plus for quick data transfer purposes, the X50D offers two high speed USB3.0 Host ports.
CD ripping and more
A slot-loading optical disc drive is mounted in the X50D’s front-panel for fast CD ripping. Load your entire CD collection onto the X50D Music Database in FLAC, ALAC, WAV or MP3 file format with professional CD metadata and album cover art from Gracenote. You can also make your own digital music collection of DAB+/FM radio and Internet radio to X50D MusicDB via its recording function with a hi-res sampling rate 24-bit / 192 kHz.
Custom application for networking and remote control
Connect the X50D to your network for streaming music to and from other devices, listen to cloud-based music services and control remotely using mobile devices with our customized remote control app, NOVATRON MusicX or WebInterface.
You can also connect wirelessly to the X50D using the optional Novafidelity Wi-fi Dongle (sold separately) that plugs into one of the USB ports. With the wireless function, you can greatly increase the control options and flexibility of this great component! You can control the X50Dremotely using mobile devices including an iPhone, iPad, or iPod or using Android smartphones and tablets by downloading free UPnP apps. Play songs from iOS devices on the X50D wireless with the ‘Share-play’ function (Novafidelity’s own version of Apple AirPlay).
The X50D supports ‘Roon Ready’, allowing you to control the X50D with Roon, which is great music player for music lovers.
Dual deck RAID storage system
The X50D lets you add internal storage for music listening without external disc drives, computers, or handhelds. It offers two storage deck spaces which accept a 3.5″/2.5″ SATA hard disk and SSD Solid State Drive, supporting up to 8TB capacity of individual storage or 16TB total. You can easily set these up as RAID system, if you wish, choosing between three types of RAID mode: Mirror, Stripe or Big.
7″ TFT display plus HDMI out
The front-panel 7-inch LCD screen will let you control the X50D easily with its intuitive GUI. Using the HDMI output, you can also connect the X50D to your TV for an external screen to view a bigger GUI or to watch a slideshow of photos while listening to your music collection.
- Dual-Core ARM Cortex A9 processor running at 1.0Ghz
- XMOS 32bit/500MIPS 8 Core Powerful Microcontroller
- DDR1066 1GB Main Memory plus 8GB Flash Memory
- High-speed optical disk drive for CD ripping
- 7″ TFT LCD screen with intuitive GUI (1024 x 600 pixels)
- Built-in DAB+/FM Tuner
- USB Audio Class 2.0 Output for DAC connectivity
- I²S RJ45 & HDMI Digital Out
- Built-in Ethernet (10/100/1000Mbps)
- Support up to 8TB(Tera Bytes) storage like 3.5″/2.5″ hard disk or SSD
- 16TB storage configuration is possible using the RAID System function
- HDMI Out connector for using an external screen like TV as its GUI screen
- Supports MQA, DSD, DXD formats including 24Bit/192Khz WAV/FLAC
- Make your own digital music file collection via recording function with hi-res sampling
- Major music streaming services and internet radio available
- Includes ‘Roon Ready’ support